IPL & Laser Hair Removal Training near me
Laser hair removal and intense pulsed light hair removal took the beauty industry by storm in the 1990s with glamour models and Hollywood A-listers revealing their smooth skin secrets. Regardless of whether you live in a city that requires mandatory training to perform hair removal services, proper training and education is essential for protecting the health and welfare of your clients and producing professional results and this is where colleges like The London School of Beauty and Make-up come in.
Laser Hair Removal Therapy Regulation in UK
In order to run a legitimate laser hair removal business, you must have:
- Special treatment license
- Insurance policy
The special treatment license is issued by the local council and this has prerequisites: You must be fully accredited and this could be through fast track courses, diploma or NVQ. You need to find out more from your local council but most of the colleges offering this course will have upto date governing regulation requirements. You cannot operate without insurance and for you to be insured you have to prove you have attained competent skills to be able to cover your risks. i.e. Level 2, 3, 4 and Diplomas etc. It is with good reason this regulations have been put in place. Just think of any treatment you want to be done for you, you would want someone to know what they’re doing? Right…
How does Laser Hair Removal Works?
A beam of light called a laser beam is used to damage the hair follicle during the growth phase to prevent it from growing any further, however, this is not permanent but once done several times it stops the hair from growing completely and this in a way is better in the longtime as it saves clients time and pain of the waxing treatments which have been in existence for many decades. The process requires finesse, because rather than applying the laser to individual hairs, the laser is applied over the entire area of skin where the hair needs to be removed, and if it’s not applied correctly, the laser could damage the skin. The proper wavelength of the laser will be absorbed by the hair and reflected by the skin to prevent damage to the skin.
Routes to becoming a Laser Technician (Fast Track)
There are no shortcuts to becoming an insurable and employable laser technician. However, since we have been in the industry for a long time we know we can curate a learning path that will reduce the course duration (part-time or fultime) for you to attain the qualifications in a shorter period of time compared to other colleges. Give us a call today and we can discuss your needs one to one to help you achieve your dream with potential pathways.
Career Outlook for Certified Laser Technician
IPL training courses should qualify beautician as laser technicians to work under supervision at a medical spa, saloons or laser center. As a laser technician you also might find work in a dermatologist’s office, assisting the doctor. Since demand for personal care services is on the rise, the job outlook for certified laser technicians is favorable and hence why our courses at LSBM tend to be fully book weeks in advance of the course proceeding.
Roles of a qualified laser technician
A certified laser technician performs cosmetic procedures that remove unwanted hair, cellulite and tattoos, as well as rejuvenating skin. Below is a breakdown of more specific skills, techniques and treatments you will attain from LSBM upon completion of their diploma courses:
- Laser Hair Removal Practice and Procedure
- Photofacial and Acne Scar Removal
- Anti-Aging Skin Rejuvination
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Radiofrequency Wrinkle Reduction
- Vein & Cellulite Reduction
What you learn:
- Core Knowledge of electromagnetic spectrum; photons, light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation (LASER) and intense pulsed light (IPL).
- The difference between LASER and IPL light therapy, and methods of applications for hair removal and skin rejuvenation treatments.
- Recap of the anatomy and physiology of integumentary, endocrine, circulatory and lymphatic system in relation to light therapy treatments. (Please note that the Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology qualification is prerequisite to this unit)
- How to prepare and demonstrate LASER and IPL treatments including: preparation of the therapist, client, working area, full consultation, tissue analysis & fitzpatrick scale, contraindications, aftercare advice, clinical outcome, clinical side effects, full treatment protocol, recording and evaluation of the treatment – all in compliance with LASER and IPL local rules and legislations procedure.
- How to perform hair removal treatments using IPL and LASER for all areas of the body; setting correct parameters for the hair type and colour on different skin types.
Ready to start your future?
Now has never been a better time to join. Combine your future with a future of technology, which promises so much more to come for you and your career. Contact us today to get in touch about your road to becoming a Level 4 Laser Technician. To see more details about this course visit this page: www.beauty-school.co.uk/laser-hair-removal-course-for-beginners